The*mini*book-addict- Exciting announcement & review!

Friday, 20 March 2015

Introducing: The*mini*book-addict!

My little sister Liberty has always loved reading. My dad has always said she's basically a younger version of myself.

When I first explained my blog to her, she was interested. But now, she's super excited to be involved.

I am happy to announce I shall be opening a new feature to my blog 'The*mini*book-addict'. Everything featured is written by Liberty, I am just formatting it for her.




Now for her Blogging Debut:

Review: Clean Break


Author: Jaqueline Wilson
Genre: Children's
Binding/Page Count: Paperback, 320
Publisher: Yearling (2005)





Goodreads Summary:

Em adores her funny, glamorous dad - who cares if he's not her real father? He's wonderful to her, and to her little brother and sister. True to form at Christmas, Dad gives them fantastic presents, including a real emerald ring for his little Princess Em. Unfortunately he's got another surprise in store - he's leaving them. Will Dad's well-meaning but chaotic attempts to keep seeing Em and the other children help the family come to terms with this new crisis? Or would they be better off with a clean break - just like Em's arm?


Review:

Clean Break seems like a very interesting book, because I don't usually read many books in first person. I haven't read many Jaqueline Wilson books either, I normally like to read books by David Walliams and The Tom Gates books. I really want to read more Jaqueline Wilson, starting with Clean Break.

My favourite part of the whole book was when Em was excited because she got to meet Jenna Williams, her favourite author. I liked this bit because I know I would have been excited too if I could meet my favourite author.

My favourite character was Maxie, because he always copied what Vita, 'the middle child' said, and because he was really funny. He used felt tips to write on pieces of toilet roll and put them In the post box to send to his Dad (since he and his wife had broken up) but it was funny because he didn't know about having to put names, addresses or stamps on a letter before you can send them, he's really silly and it made me laugh.

I didn't like the part when Em was sick. I didn't like reading about it, it wasn't very nice.

I think some people might find it sad because it's about parents breaking up.
I would recommend it to my friends as they all like Jaqueline Wilson.


It was interesting all the way through!
I thought Clean Break was absolutely brilliant, I want to read it again!
5/5 Stars
the*mini*book-addict approves!






No comments:

Post a Comment